Mens / Womens / Track / Road
24 LAP CRIT RACE
1st PRIZE: DOG TAGS / $250 CASH / 30PTS / SWAG
Saturday – 3 May 2013
A featured race during Bike Fest Long Beach, the Shortline Crit is a short course open invite bicycle race in East Village Long Beach.
RULES subject to change up to one day prior to event check back often.
Riders in each category will qualify in group / team based sessions to compete individually in the Finale 24 lap race.
First place Mens / Womens / Fixed Gear / Free-Wheel will receive Wolfpack Hustle Dog Tags. Podium finishers in each category will receive points in the series and free entry to Race #3 Civic Center Crit 2. Prime laps will be announced prior to race. Lapped riders will be pulled.
GROUP UP / TEAM UP.
We encourage teamwork. We think it reduces collisions. If you don’t have a team, form one with friends and have fun with the name too.
Hash tag #ShortlineCrit on Instagram. Show us how you’re training.
- Athlete check-in opens 11AM
- Qualifiers begin at 2PM please arrive early
- All registered riders will be divided into qualifier sessions of groups of 20-30
- Finale Races and Qualifying Sessions will be separated by 4 categories – Men’s Road – Men’s Track (brakeless) – Women’s Road – Women’s Track (brakeless)
- Riders not on organized teams are encouraged to collaborate with others to form impromtu groups when signing up
- Lap times recorded using timing chips
- At scheduled session time, riders must cue up, and enter pit lane from from the Herbalife 24 Athlete Zone
- Groups and riders must be present at scheduled session start or risk DQ
- Groups will be timed during “4 lap” sessions
- Session Lap 1 is relaxed and will not be timed
- Riders spin up to timed laps 2 3 and 4
- Best individual lap time is counted against entire category field
- Fastest 40 riders in each category will advance to finalé race
- Drafting is allowed
- “Slingshotting” pushing, or physically assisting another rider is NOT allowed
- Blocking during qualifiers is not allowed
- Starting grid will be ranked according to qualifying times (In the event of a tie, next fastest lap will be compared)
- NO FREE LAP RULE FOR CRASHES, MECHANICALS OR OTHERWISE
- RIDERS FALLING OFF PELOTON ARE PULLED
- JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL
- Prime laps announced before race on race day
- Riders seen crashing others out or riding “dangerously” as determined by course marshals will be DQ’d as authorized by race officials
BULL HORNS / TT Bars are NOT ALLOWED
TRACK category is BRAKELESS FIXED
Rider must use same general equipment in finale race as in qualifiers
HERBALIFE 24 ATHLETE ZONE
Athlete check-in / Warm up Area / Trainers / Bag Check
RISK / WAIVER / INSURANCE
Competitive cycling is inherently dangerous. We love our people and our athletes. We want you to be safe.
We are a proud member of American Bike Racing.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
(tentative – check back frequently)
2pm ATHLETE CHECK IN
3PM GROUP QUALIFIER SESSIONS
- Volunteers needed please contact us
7pm FINALS – MAIN EVENT
GENERAL EVENT MAP:
Depending on schedule, we MAY do late registration on the day of. Not likely. $25 cash only.