ALL OUT WAR FORMAT AT THE LA GRAND PRIX
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 1ST
MENS RACE 7PM
WOMENS RACE 6PM
Velo Sports Center
18400 Avalon Blvd
Carson, CA 90746
DISCOUNT TICKETS AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC TO ATTEND.
COMPETITION IS INVITE ONLY
RULES AND PROCEDURE READ CAREFULLY:
1) This is a unique never before possible scoring format that was beta tested last year and worked great. The standings will be live and volatile as EVERY lap earns points for every rider once we cut the field and enter the points race. We are extremely proud to be working with Adam Duvendeck and Fred Patton on this custom scoring application.
2) Adam Duvendeck and I are taking care to make sure that everyone invited to this race has skills and is qualified to be in this race on this velodrome.
3) TOP 24 points earners in the Unified Title Series are given priority invites. Select riders from last years event will be invited to fill spaces available. Riders MUST be certified at a track or at the Carson Velodrome to participate.
4) If you are NOT certifified at any track, you MUST attend free track sessions on Oct 12th, October 19th AND the October 26th practice session for this race. You WILL be eligible for free certification if you attend all 3 sessions and are deemed elligible by Adam Duvendeck.
5) ALL RIDERS NEWLY CERTIFIED RIDERS MUST ATTEND OCT 26th SESSION 2pm-4:30pm for evaluation.
6) As per ADAM DUVENDECK’s disgression during the October 26th practice session individual riders will evaluated and either be advanced to the race or withdrawn from the invite. If you are withdrawn you can get a refund of your USAC fee.
24 Men 24 Women
NOV 1ST at the LAGP
Velo Sports Center
18400 Avalon Blvd.
ALL ATHLETES PLEASE CHECK IN AT 4:30PM to be asigned chips and briefed.
Womens race begins at approximately 6:00pm
Mens race begins at approximately 8:00pm
TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE please follow our social media feeds for updates.
RACE IS 24 LAPS TOTAL + STARTING NEUTRAL LAP.
STARTING NEUTRAL LAP Session
Riders will start from the rail and begin a Neutral lap…. At the disgression of a referee a horn will sound to begin the race. Referees will ensure that a proper group is formed and may add additional neutral laps in the begining.
FIRST HORN / STARTING PISTOL SOUNDS
–Start elimination rounds–
14 MISS N OUT ELIMINATION LAPS
First 14 laps will be miss n’ out style elimination laps. The aim is to cut the field to 10.
On the final lap, as the 14th rider is pulled, the second horn will sound signifying the start of the points race.
SECOND HORN SOUNDS
–START ALL OUT WAR–
AT THE HORN: Immediately following the miss n out elimination laps, format will switch to a points race for the remaining 10 laps.
10 REMAINING POINTS RACE LAPS
POINTS will be awarded to EVERY rider per placement PER LAP adding to their individual running total as the race progresses.
Scoreboard will update immediately with live standings during every lap.
Points awarded per lap:
1st Place 10 pts
2nd Place 9 pts
3rd Place 8 pts
4th Place 7 pts
5th Place 6 pts
6th Place 5 pts
7th Place 4 pts
8th Place 3 pts
9th Place 2 pts
10th place 1 pt
$5 Fee plus one day USAC license for $15 (if needed).
If you are chosen you will then be directed to register with USAC
Riders MUST be certified to race at Velosports Center and will be granted a 1 day USAC license.
Rules MAY CHANGE slightly on day of pending technical issues.
Questions please contact Roadblock (at) WolfpackHustle (dot) com
DOG TAGS AWARDED.