The Driveway Austin Motorsports Academy
Mens / Womens / Track / Road
Bicycle Criterium Race
Saturday – October 17th 2015
8400 Delwau Ln, Austin, TX 78725
MAP HERE: https://www.google.com/maps/….
2PM WOMENS ROAD FINALE
2:45PM MENS ROAD FINALE
3:30PM WOMENS TRACK FINALE
4:15PM MENS TRACK FINALE
5PM PODIUM AWARDS
(Schedule may change)
Racers must show up 45 minutes before qualifier session start for mandatory bike inspection and registration
REGISTRATION CLOSES OCTOBER 11TH
(Updated periodically, recent registrations may not yet be shown.)
We need the passionate support of the community.
You get a meal, official t-shirt and water sign up!
RULES / SCHEDULE
(Subject to change check social media channels for updates.)
Please refer to our OFFICIAL RULE BOOK for more info.
• Racers divided into qualifier sessions of groups of 20-30
• Lap times recorded using timing chips
• At scheduled session time, enter pit lane from from the Red Bull Athlete Zone
• Groups and riders must be present at scheduled session start or risk DQ
• Groups will be timed during “5 lap” sessions
• Session Lap 1 is relaxed and will not be timed
• Riders spin up to timed laps 2 3 4 and 5
• Best individual lap time is counted against entire category field
• Fastest 85 riders in each category advance to finale race
• Drafting is allowed
• “Slingshotting” pushing, or physically assisting another rider is NOT allowed
• Blocking during qualifiers is not allowed
• $100 Cash Primes are offered for 1st lap and up to 5 additional laps as offered by sponsors.
• Primes can be sponsored per category (road and / or track) but must be awarded to both genders per category.
• Email roadblock @ wolfpackhustle . com to sponsor a prime.
1st place – Dog Tags / Unified Title Series Points / $250 / Castelli Champion Jersey / Road Runner Bags
2nd place – Unified Title Series Points / $100 / Castelli Official Jersey / Road Runner Bags
3rd place – Unified Title Series Points / $50 / Castelli Official Jersey / Road Runner Bags
• 24 laps (40 mins) men / 18 laps (40 mins) women
• Starting grid will be ranked according to qualifying times
• (In the event of a tie, next fastest lap will be compared)
• NO FREE LAP RULE FOR CRASHES, MECHANICALS OR OTHERWISE
• LAPPED RIDERS ARE PULLED
• JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL
• Prime laps announced before race on race day
• Riders seen crashing others out or riding “dangerously” as determined by course marshals will be DQ’d as authorized by race officials
• EQUIPMENT DROP BARS ONLY.
• BULL HORNS / TT Bars are NOT ALLOWED
• TRACK category is BRAKELESS FIXED
• Rider must use same general equipment in finale race as in qualifiers
RED BULL ATHLETE ZONE
Athlete check-in / Warm up Area / Bring Trainers / Tent space (must reserve limited slots)
Beautiful area with grass adjacent to course.
TEAM SIZE LIMIT
• Teams are limited to 6 athletes per gender per road per track categories.
• Athletes must wear kit that visually matches their teammates.
• If a team is registering more than 6 athletes, a B team, whose members will score points separately, must be created.
• Official team names must be provided during the registration process and clearly indicate A or B team (if applicable). •
• A and B teams must have different visual features on their kit and/or bikes.
• Teams may only change athletes between series events.
• If an athlete switches teams, the athlete’s team points are non-transferable and remain with their original team.
RISK / WAIVER
We are a proud member of American Bike Racing.
Minors must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian as co-signer.
Please visit the following pages for ongoing news and information regarding the race:
Austin is a great town and we have some fun planned for #critweek check out the Google map
add your own events and ideas if you have em this is a community event. We are especially
looking for FUN on Sunday.
Thursday October 15th:
Preview the course!
The Driveway Austin Series Finale will be running races on the same course we will.
Racing starts at 4pm. Tune in to their social media for more info.
1100 Nash Hernandez Senior Rd, Austin, Texas 78702
Great chill paced ride that twists and turns through out the Austin
area. Tune in to Social Cycling Austin’s page for more info:
Friday Official PRE PARTY at the Liberty
5pm-7pm gather for Happy hour. Lonestar and shots for $5
Dont party too hard the race is the next day…
RACE DAY OFFICIAL AFTER PARTY
Our friends at Cycleast are presenting the official after party and podium awards.
Free kegs and cider provided courtesy of The Driveway Series.
Registration is capped at 250 competitors making a sell out likely.
Depending on schedule we MAY add more on site late registrations $35 cash only on day of event.