RACE #2 The Civic Center Criterium -
Mens / Womens / Track / Road Sunday June 23rd 2013
This fully permitted and insured event features a bicycle race criterium loop that will completely encircle City Hall Los Angeles. (course map below.)
Riders in each category will qualify in group / team based sessions to compete individually in the Finale 20 lap race.
First place Mens / Womens / Fixed Gear / Free-Wheel will receive Wolfpack Hustle Dog Tags. Top 16 finishers in each category will receive points in the series and free entry to Race #3 the 6th St Drag Race on September 7th. Primes awarded. Lapped riders will be pulled.
GROUP UP / TEAM UP.
We encourage team work. We think it reduces collisions. If you dont have a team form one with friends and have fun with the name too.
We will be running contests all the way up to the race for best team name and best team photo under the hash tag #WolfpackCrit STAY TUNED.
When registration opens, you will be asked to enter a team name. If you are by yourself and you cant find one person to create a team with then you will need to find someone in person to form an impromtu team with IN THE ATHLETES ZONE on the day of the event. If you do not have a team, please indicate "Athlete zone" in the option menu when you order.
- RULES subject to change up to one day prior to event check back often
- Athlete check opens 10AM
- Qualifiers begin at 11AM please arrive early
- All registered riders will be divided into 16 sessions of groups of 20-30
- Finalé Races and Qualifying Sessions will be separated by 4 categories - Men’s Road - Men’s Track (brakeless) - Women’s Road - Women’s Track (brakeless)
- Riders not on organized teams are encouraged to collaborate with others to form impromtu groups when signing up
- Lap times recorded using timing chips
- At scheduled session time, riders must cue up, and enter pit lane from from the City Grounds Athlete Zone
- Groups and riders must be present at scheduled session start or risk DQ
- Groups will be timed during 4 lap sessions
- Session Lap 1 is relaxed and will not be timed
- Riders spin up to timed laps 2 3 and 4
- Best individual lap time is counted
- Fastest 60 riders in each category will advance to finalé race
- Drafting is allowed
- “Slingshotting” pushing, or physically assisting another rider is not allowed
- Blocking is not allowed
- Starting grid will be ranked according to qualifying times
- In the event of a tie, next fastest lap will be compared
- NO FREE LAP RULE FOR CRASHES, MECHANICALS OR OTHERWISE
- LAPPED RIDERS ARE PULLED
- JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL
- Prime laps announced before race on race day
- Riders seen crashing others out or riding "dangerous" as determined by course marshals will be DQ'd as authorized by race officials
- 1 extra person per rider allowed in ATHLETE ZONE
BULL HORNS / TT Bars are NOT ALLOWED
TRACK category is BRAKELESS FIXED
Rider must use same general equipment in finale race as in qualifiers
CITY GROUNDS ATHLETE ZONE
Come be a part of the VIP athlete zone, located on City Hall's South Lawn. City Grounds will be providing much needed water and fruit and warm up rollers.
RISK / WAIVER / INSURANCE
Competitive cycling and particularly Criterium races are dangerous.
YOU MAY DIE or BE MAIMED even if you have decades of experience.
DO NOT race unless you have experience riding in groups at high speeds.
We love our people and our athletes. We want you to be safe. We want you to be covered. In light of this, we are proud to announce our membership in American Bicycle Racing. Our membership will enable us to protect the athletes with additional insurance coverage in the event of an injury. A portion of our entry fees are put towards the cost of this insurance.
You will need to fill out and sign our WAIVER agreement in order to race or otherwise be on the course.
As a member of American Bicycle Racing we are dedicating a portion of your registration fees towards secondary insurance
coverage provided by ABR. This means that your primary insurance will first cover costs and once exhausted ABR secondary insurance kicks in.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
(tentative - check back frequently)
- 8AM Course Set Up begins - Volunteers needed please contact us
- 10AM Full Road Closure - Course tweaks / Pace car2go prep
10AM ATHLETE CHECK-IN OPEN
- 11AM Course inspection- Relaxed pace
Registered Athletes ONLY - NO PUBLIC RACE
COURSE ACCESS - STRICTLY ENFORCED
12 NOON GROUP QUALIFIER SESSIONS
- 11:45AM Begin Qualifiers gear-up/warm-up - Volunteers needed please contact us
- 12:00PM Group Session 1 - 4
- 1:00PM Group Session 5 - 8
- 2:00PM Group Session 9 - 12
- 3:00PM Group Session 13 - 16
4pm FINALS - MAIN EVENT
- 3:55PM Opening Ceremony Gather
4:00PM Women’s Road Cat Gear up
4:15PM Women’s Road Race 20 laps
- 5:00PM Men’s Road Finalists Gear up
5:15PM Men’s Road Race 20 laps
- 6:00PM Women’s Tack Finalists Gear up
6:15PM Women’s FINAL Track Race 20 laps
- 7:00PM Men’s Track Finalists Gear up
7:15PM Men’s FINAL Track Race 20 laps
8:15PM Awards Ceremony
9pm CLEAN UP / AFTER PARTY
- 9:00PM Clean Up Disassemble Course: Volunteers needed please contact us
- 10:00PM After Party (TBA)
GENERAL EVENT MAP:
Depending on schedule, we MAY do late registration on the day of. Not likely. $25 cash only.
PRE-ORDER The Official 100% cotton T-Shirt (Allow 3 weeks for delivery)
*******Available at this time in BLACK only!*******
AFTER TICKET PURCHASE YOU MUST PRINT AND SIGN THIS WAIVER AND BRING IT WITH YOU TO GAIN ENTRY NO EXCEPTIONS.
UNIFIED TITLE SERIES STANDINGS
All competitors who placed top 8 or scored 1 or more point in the Marathon Crash Race get free entry for this race.