Mens / Womens / Track / Road
24 LAP CRIT RACE
1st PRIZE: DOG TAGS / $250 CASH / 30PTS / SWAG
Saturday – 3 May 2013
A featured race during Bike Fest Long Beach, the Shortline Crit is a short course open invite bicycle race in East Village Long Beach.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED SEE YOU SATURDAY!
View Shortline Crit in a larger map
RULES subject to change up to one day prior to event check back often.
Riders in each category will qualify in group / team based sessions to compete individually in the Finale 24 lap race.
First place Mens / Womens / Fixed Gear / Free-Wheel will receive Wolfpack Hustle Dog Tags. Podium finishers in each category will receive points in the series and free entry to Race #3 Civic Center Crit 2. Prime laps will be announced prior to race. Lapped riders will be pulled.
GROUP UP / TEAM UP.
We encourage teamwork. We think it reduces collisions. If you don’t have a team, form one with friends and have fun with the name too.
Hash tag #ShortlineCrit on Instagram. Show us how you’re training.
- Athlete check-in opens 1PM
- All registered riders will be divided into qualifier sessions of groups of 20-30
- Finale Races and Qualifying Sessions will be separated by 4 categories – Men’s Road – Men’s Track (brakeless) – Women’s Road – Women’s Track (brakeless)
- Qualifiers begin at 3PM please check the race day schedule for your precise time.
- Riders not on organized teams are encouraged to collaborate with others to form impromtu groups when signing up
- Lap times recorded using timing chips
- At scheduled session time, riders must cue up, and enter pit lane from from the Herbalife 24 Athlete Zone
- Groups and riders must be present at scheduled session start or risk DQ
- Groups will be timed during “4 lap” sessions
- Session Lap 1 is relaxed and will not be timed
- Riders spin up to timed laps 2 3 and 4
- Best individual lap time is counted against entire category field
- Fastest 40 riders in each category will advance to finalé races
- Drafting is allowed
- “Slingshotting” pushing, or physically assisting another rider is NOT allowed
- Blocking during qualifiers is not allowed
- Starting grid will be ranked according to qualifying times (In the event of a tie, next fastest lap will be compared)
- NO FREE LAP RULE FOR CRASHES, MECHANICALS OR OTHERWISE
- RIDERS FALLING OFF PELOTON ARE PULLED
- IF BREAK AWAY APPROACHES PELOTON THEN “2 TO GO” IS DECLARED FOR PELOTON
- JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL
- Prime laps announced before race on race day
- Riders seen crashing others out or riding “dangerously” as determined by course marshals will be DQ’d as authorized by race officials
BULL HORNS / TT Bars are NOT ALLOWED
TRACK category is BRAKELESS FIXED
Rider must use same general equipment in finale race as in qualifiers
HERBALIFE 24 ATHLETE ZONE
Athlete check-in / Warm up Area / Trainers / Bag Check
RISK / WAIVER / INSURANCE
Competitive cycling is inherently dangerous. We love our people and our athletes. We want you to be safe.
We are a proud member of American Bike Racing.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
1pm ATHLETE CHECK IN
3PM GROUP QUALIFIER SESSIONS
- Volunteers needed please contact us
7pm FINALS – MAIN EVENT
GENERAL EVENT MAP:
Depending on schedule, we MAY do late registration on the day of. Not likely. $35 cash only.